Tuesday 1 November 2011

Video: Roy Lichtenstein Inspired Make-Up Look


Inspiration Pics: 



I was looking at pictures of old comic books, and really liked the vintage style of Roy Lichtenstein. Then i came across pictures of people recreating his comic book looks on real faces, making them look 2 dimensional. Normally with make up we try and make the face look more dimensional and shapely, so this intrigued me. 

What you didn't see in the video was that I started with a regular base, this isn't so exciting, foundation then set with a powder. Tightlined my upper lash line with urban decay liner and added a couple coats of mascara. I used "Blanc Type" eyeshadow on my lid to give it a matte highlight that would emphasize the lids, as i would be "cutting the crease" with a black gel liner. I emphasized all the shadows, nooks and crannies on my face using the gel liner, and then outlined my lips, as this type of cartoon style tends to have black outlines. Added some red lips, and a white highlight. Lichtenstein's cartoons are most often of sad women, so i drew the eyebrows in a sad upward shape and added a tear drop using MUFE's flash color in "bright blue" once again outlining it in black. To give it that real comic book feel, i used the end of my MAC 266 Brush which had a circular shape to draw the pixelated red dots all over my face. 


Products Used:
Revlon ColorStay Foundation "Ivory"
Chanel Universal Loose Powder "20 Clair"
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil "Zero"
MAC Eyeshadow "Blanc Type"
Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
Maybelline Gel Liner
Make Up For Ever Flash Colors "Black", "White", "Red", "Bright Blue"
MAC Lip Pencil "Beet"
MAC Lashes "5"






xo

1 comment:

  1. Silly make up but I still find you sexy and would like to tell you in intimate detail what I would like to do with you.
    Let me know if I object

    ReplyDelete